Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Florida


A few weeks ago my little brother David got married. The entire family (minus Ben and little G) flew down to Florida for the Festivities. Even though it was a busy couple of days, we all had a lot of fun. We love Leslie and are excited to welcome another GIRL into our family!
Ahhh, the cute couple


The brothers


Orlando Temple

Wedding luncheon

After the temple in Orlando we drove out to Indiatlantic for the reception. Its a little island off the coast of Florida and the place Leslie is from.
It was beautiful and so fun to visit this little coastal town

The view from our hotel room...pretty beautiful.
After the reception we all went out to the beach late that night and went swimming. The water was sooo warm (just how I like it) and it was a beautiful night. Daniel lost his trunks in the tide (seriously), and thankfully for all of us randomly found them floating in the water about 30 minutes later!


During the reception it was all about making the ugliest faces...


This one of Joe might be the winner

Dave and mom

nope- looks like this one of Dave takes the cake.
What a handsome groom- Leslie is a lucky girl ;)



My sister-in-laws
Yah to more girls in the family!!


The wedding/reception was perfect and it was so nice to be able to spend time as a family supporting David and Leslie....BUT it was the next day when the really important stuff happened (just kidding Dave, well sort of ;)...

We all went to
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
So I'm a big fan of all things HP, but never thought I would be in FL to enjoy the theme park. Thanks to Dave and Leslie they made this dream of mine a reality.
Don't judge me...HP is VERY cool

us in Hogsmead- the CUTEST place ever and right out of the books!


Daniel, Asher and I


Eating at The Three Broomsticks
BEST food, PERFECT ambiance, and the Butterbeer was even MORE delicious than I imagined! We seriously all drank 5 mugs of the stuff till we were sick....it was pure HEAVEN!

We did a lot of "cheers"
we just felt like we should?!



I was "chosen" for the wand demonstration workshop...
I got excited thinking they would give
me the wand at the end, but no.



My favorite place was the darling candy shop (big shocker:)
ummm, yes please!!




the Pumpkin Juice was also sooo delish (and the packaging is to die for)-
I should have brought home a case of it

yes, I'm in a trance of butterbeer
and loving every second of it


It was a perfect ending to one of the best weekends I've had in a long time-
I had such a fun time with my family.
Congrats to Dave and Les- we love you guys!

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I cannot handle how much fun that weekend sounds, especially with no kids! Glad you are back, we need to hang out! :)

Laura Ek said...

I'm laughing a little bit that there is a Harry Potter land, and that you are a fan! Something I did not know about you, so I won't make fun! :) Looks like it was super fun and Butterbeer looks quite tasty!

Margaret said...

I can't believe Daniel lost his trunks and found them. What are the chances? I guess not that bad?
And I think Joe with his crazy open/closed eye picture wins.
And Dave and Leslie look so good together, everything looks beautiful.
And I need to go see HP land. I'm so jealous. That candy store looks awesome. Everything is from the books!
Miss you and Griffin and oh, Ben too.

emily said...

Jewels, it amazes me how much Daniel and Joe look alike. And why do you always have to look so cute? just wondering!

Bailey said...

I want to go to Hogsmead so bad. Looks like a really fun trip!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

YOU FINALLY UPDATED THIS DAMN THING! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! Love it all and can't wait to talk about it NEXT month in Park City!! I'm dying a little bit inside...so HAPPY! Bring all your old clothes for me. Yes, you will pack them in your suitcase even if it costs you a small fortune.

I agree with Emily, Joe and Daniel look so much alike. Also, there are now to blonde barbies in your family. Make that three counting Marilyn. What? The bride is BEAUTIFUL and so is Florida. Jealous. So jealous.

camille said...

You are hilarious and I love it! I'm so happy for you and your butterbeer! Seriously, I mean that! xo

camille said...

Wait, love the pics of your cute family! Darling newlyweds, too. Gorgeous, in fact! What an awesome place for a wedding, I tell ya! LUCKY!!!

p.s. love the funny faces!!!!