Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bates Nut Farm


I had been hearing about this Bates Nut Farm place for awhile now so I thought it was time we checked it out. We went last Saturday and met Ben's brother Brian and his wife Rachel. It was a really cute place with lots of Fall festivities to be had...tractor hayrides, pumpkin picking, costume contests, pony rides and lots of delicious fall food. The only thing that did not make me happy was the 95 degree weather. No joke. Of course I dressed my poor kids in long sleeves and jeans for the day, because of course it is the end of October for petes sake! I should always remember how stinkin' hot it is here in the Fall. The heat really did a number on Griffin and he was in true grumpy form because of it. Once we got ice-cream on our way out he perked up a little, but the picture taking was rough with him. I do foresee a new Barker Fall family tradition of visiting this darling place though, and next time I'll just remember to dress everyone in their swimming suits.















No comments: