Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Laguna Hills 1/2 Marathon


On Memorial Day I ran the Laguna Hills half marathon with a bunch of my Aliso Viejo friends and had such a great time (although yes, the last 3 miles about killed me this time). Training for this one was hard because since we moved to Carlsbad I lost all my running buddies so I had to train by myself. I'm NOT an early morning runner so it about killed me to get up and go alone... not to mention all the HUGE MEGA hills surrounding my house that ended up messing up my knees pretty bad. BUT- I still showed up, did it, AND set my personal best for a half! I was happy I didn't let my knees stand in the way and had such a GREAT time running with all my friends that I miss seeing everyday. Thanks ladies for making this run so fun and for helping me to push through those last killer miles!!!


Here we all are before the race
Camille, Melissa, Brooke, Sara, me, Rachel, Moka and Michelle



running with Camille and Moka


Loved seeing these guys out on the course!
It was a fantastic way to start Memorial Day


After the race
love all the post-sweat






Of course my guys were there to support me



I had a goal to finish the race in under 2 hours.
Griffin on the other hand, had a goal to stuff a
muffin into his face as quickly as possible...

full focus on the muffin...

yep- done in record time
Looks like we both achieved our goals!

just a cute pic of little G and his buddy Beckett
Too cute those two!


2 comments:

Meli T said...

A) You killed it sista. You and your hot little buns are awesome.
B) I have no shame and am going to steal some of your pictures for my use.
Luv Ya :)

Roney Family said...

Im so proud of you friend. All your girls are so amazing. And what an adorable picture of Griffin and Beckett. Too cute